We can help with enquiries and complaints

We’ll listen to your concerns and investigate all enquiries and complaints to try and resolve the matter as quickly as possible. We’ll do our best to answer your complaint with a written response of the outcome within 90 days from receiving it or explain why we have been unable to complete the investigation within this timeframe. Where we have been able to resolve it over the phone within 5 days, we generally won’t write to you unless you ask us to. Complaints can be made in wrting, over the phone or by email using the contact information in the ‘getting in touch’ section below or you can also use the ‘Contact us’ section of our website’.

If you’re not satisfied with the response you receive from us, or you don’t receive a response from us at all you can take the matter to the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA), which replaced the Superannuation Complaints Tribunal and the Financial Ombudsman Service. AFCA is an independent and impartial ombudsman and is a free service.

Find out more about making an enquiry or complaint.

Our low account balance policy

If you’re uncontactable or inactive, and you have a balance of less than $6000, your account may be transferred to the ATO. This happens in April and October each year.

If you’re uncontactable or inactive and have an account balance of between $200 and $2000, your account will be transferred to our eligible rollover fund in June and December each year and any insurance cover you have with CareSuper will end. If you’re transferred to our eligible rollover fund, you’ll no longer be a member of CareSuper or have insurance cover with us. Different fees and costs apply to the eligible rollover fund, so please contact AUSfund for details.

PO Box 543
Carlton South VIC 3053
Phone: 1300 361 798
Fax: 1300 366 233
International Tel: +61 3 9814 6400
Email: admin@ausfund.net.au
Website: unclaimedsuper.com.au

Temporary residents

CareSuper is required to pay the super of former temporary residents to the ATO if it’s been more than 6 months since they departed Australia and their visa has expired or been cancelled.

We rely on relief from ASIC to the effect that we are not obliged to notify or give an exit statement to a non-resident in these circumstances. Non-residents can apply to the Commissioner of Taxation to claim the unclaimed super. Visit ato.gov.au for more information.